Kids. Are. Awesome.December 14, 2017
Kids Yoga is an excellent way for kids to build strength and stamina in both their bodies and minds. Yoga brings an awareness to themselves and others, in a practice of mindful movement both physically and emotionally. With Treehouse Kids Yoga at Five Peaks, each class will be based on a theme as we take a journey through movement and breath while making it fun with yogi games, songs, books, and age appropriate postures.
Together lets empower kids to build their strength, from the inside out!
- Increased strength and flexibility
- Improved concentration, focus, and attention
- Improved body awareness and coordination
- Management of stress through breathing, meditation, and movement
- Learning to live a healthy lifestyle – physically, mentally, and emotionally
- Becoming part of a group that is both non-competitive and non-judgmental
- Increased respect for self and others
Join us THIS Saturday at Five Peaks Power Yoga for our Holiday Kids Yoga Playdate!! We’ll entertain the kiddos from 1:30-3:00 with yoga, mindful coloring, games, books, yoga obstacle course, and snacks, while you get your last-minute holiday shopping done. A win-win for everyone!
*Space is limited!! Register today! $25/child, Ages 4-8.
Colure is a mostly-vegan yoga teacher, mom, wife, graphic designer, self-proclaimed nerd, and proud Co-Founder of Five Peaks Power Yoga. When she’s not at the studio teaching or practicing yoga, she can be found relaxing in her favorite local coffee shop, or adventuring around the greater DC region with her family.